Nie można wyświetlić tego widżeta.

Slow 4G router

Poziom 12, Tropiciel Przestworzy

Slow 4G router

Hi all, so the short story is I have a new tp-link mr200 with the orange sim card inside, i am getting approx 15mbs download and 3mbs upload. I think these speeds should be higher, does anyone have any better results with this router? 

-my mobile phone on orange in same locAtion can get 40mbs download

-when i tested the router in the uk with a uk sim card (vodafone) i was getting 70mbs down, it was mega fast

-in the past i had a asus router with a huwaie modem stick, this was also very slow when used in poland. 

Thanks

Joe 

9 ODPOW. 9

Poziom 41, Sternik Międzygalaktyczny

Slow 4G router

@jpol1234forumCould you try check another SIM card on this tp-link mr200? You should do speedtest by ethernet wire, not by wifi...

Slow 4G router

Good idea, but unfortunately myself and my partner both use the orange e-sim in our iphone with a physical uk vodafone sim. There is no point in trying the uk vodafone sim as it is very very slow in Poland (not sure why, its fine elsewhere in europe). Do you think i should go to the orange store in warszawa and ask them to replace my physical orange sim?

Slow 4G router

@jpol1234forumFor tests You can buy new SIM card  (Start Card for 5 zlotys), register it, connect to modem and test speedtest

Poziom 42, Mistrz Międzygalaktyczny

Slow 4G router

@jpol1234forum You can buy an Orange starter for PLN 5 and carry out a test on such a card. Check if you can force a different LTE frequency in the router. Also, I don't know if the router supports bandwidth aggregation. if not, then only by forcing a different LTE frequency you can get higher speed.

Slow 4G router

So I went a bought a new SIM card, put some data on it. Unfortunately it is the same speed as the old SIM.

I do not think I can change the LTE frequency on this router.

Maybe its just that the iPhone has a better Ariel than the 2 routers I have tried?

Poziom 42, Mistrz Międzygalaktyczny

Slow 4G router

@jpol1234forum so there is confirmation that the router is working properly, but without bandwidth aggregation. Therefore, higher speed cannot be achieved.

Slow 4G router

@jpol1234forumYou can check where the nearest LTE transmitter is at http://beta.btsearch.pl/  and from there try to put the modem in the open window.

Poziom 15, Badacz Przestworzy

Slow 4G router

What is the speed at 2 AM? Buy different sim card Plus, Play, T-mobile and compare all 5zł 🙂

Slow 4G router

Ok thanks for all the suggestions. I will stick to orange for the moment, I dont have time to play around with other providers, at least we can watch online video at current speeds.

One last question - this new SIM I bought, it does not appear in my account (I can only see my other 2 phone numbers) - How can I make it appear there? (I bought it from the official orange shop, linked to my PESEL etc)